Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Morning of Knittingy People.

This morning my neighbour, my cousin and one of my friends (actually they are all my friends) all popped around randomly for a cup of tea. All four of us are knitted and I almost hyperventilated when I realised that we had formed an impromptu knitting group!!!!!!! It was like a dream come true so I think now we have to do some sort of official monthly thing about it. We even talked about knitting!!!!! The two photos below and one above are from my neighbour's bag. She is in the middle of crocheting a beautiful spring blossom blanket for an eight year old and a tie and cardigan for her husband. I think they are the luckiest people in the world.
I love the colours in this tie...
And the chunkiness of the cardigan wool... it makes me very tempted to do something similar for Jonno.
I was working on a vest for Hugo to wear to school over his uniform. It infuriates me that their uniform is completely and utterly lacking any natural wool fibres. Another little boy in his class also has a hand knitted vest so I know he won't be alone.
And when everyone left, I played around with my derwents, planning my next project.
Lots and lots and lots of love,
Kate xxooxx.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails